Monday, October 9, 2017

"A Strong Tower"

 
What's On My Heart Today "A Strong Tower"
 
"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been a shelter for me, and a STRONG TOWER from my enemy." Psalm 61:2-3
 
There is something deeply comforting about a passage like this. "For you have been a shelter for me." It quiets my fears. It speaks of a place of safety that we can run to when life presses in on us. God is our only hope in a world full of evil and heartbreak. The world doesn't feel like a safe place anymore. There is so much evil and carnage going on everywhere, and of course it effects our thought life. If we allow it, it can bring us into a state of fear and depression. The Lord knows very well that we are living in a world that is a dangerous place and He gave us a place to run to for safety...That place is a name, "The Lord." That means that our place of safety is never far away. Think of it as taking your circumstances and covering them with the truth and Majesty of God's holy Name.
 
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

No comments: