Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Holy Kisses

 
What's On My Heart Today "Holy Kisses" 
 
"Greet one another with holy kisses" Romans 16:16
 
"Holy kisses," What a charming thought. When I first ran across scripture that spoke to holy kisses, it caught my attention. I'm blessed to belong to a large family that love to show affection, including, kissing each other upon greeting. I grew up in a home without the show of affection. Odd, but I had to make peace with such a show of affection.
 
I have found that many, okay, some of our congregation also greet me with kisses. So, here I am wondering what "Holy kisses" really are? The early church actually went a step beyond a hug and greeted believers with a kiss. Of all (5) scriptures that speak to holy kisses, 1 Peter 5:14 is my favorite; "Greet one another with a kiss of love." Peace to all of you who are in Christ."
 
 Next, Peter goes on to say; "I have written to you briefly, encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it.." 1 Peter 5:12. I'm a believer! I've come to truly love all the holy kisses I get now because I know they come from the heart of the most Holy God, who is extending grace through the giver, a kiss of love...God's love.

No comments: