Thursday, May 18, 2017

Words We Choose


What's On My Heart Today... "Words We Choose"

I'm one of those people that have to think before I speak. I may think that I'm being ever so gracious and then I will look at the person I'm speaking to and...Oops! I did it again. I think I'm saying words of graciousness but my tone didn't follow suit. I know immediately, but the words are already out and I know that I'm going to beat myself up for my mistake. Can you relate to my shortcomings? Scripture tells us, "The tongue has the power of life and death." Wow! That is serious! It certainly gets my attention. How about you? It's never to late to learn my friend. Pray and ask God to help you put thought behind your words. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. Today, God would say to you...

"He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3

No comments: