Thursday, August 18, 2016

Patience

                                                                                
                                                     
  "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Let me tell you a little secret...I'm not a patient person! Because I can sometimes get frustrated with myself, I decided to give this thing called "Patience" some serious thought. Unfortunately, I think that most of us have a false idea about patience. Rather then being an in-born personality trait given to only a few, patience is a gift of the Holy Spirit that is worked in the heart of those who love Him. God patiently allows us to respond to life's trying situations with serenity and self-control, a sure evidence of our continuing walk with Him. The next time you feel your patience waning remember that God has already purposed your steps and prepared for you a delightful journey of hope...Be patient!  

No comments: