Friday, August 26, 2016

My Precious Bible


"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

I love my Bible. I’ve loved my Bible since I was young enough to dive deep into the words to escape the hard realities of an abused childhood. As a little frightened girl, I experienced devastating night terrors. When I was twelve years old someone gave me my first Bible. That precious Bible quickly become my lifeline to sanity. I can't say that I understood what all the words meant but I understood that holding it brought me peace. During those unsettled years, I would sleep with my Bible and to this day, it sustains me when my life gets complicated, when I need encouragement, when I need guidance, and when I need to feel the sweet presence of God. If I never owned another book, my precious Bible would be enough. Today, I consider it my most valued possession. Does your Bible need dusted off?

No comments: