Friday, May 12, 2017

My Rocking Chair


What's On My Heart Today... "My Rocking Chair"

God likens himself to a mother, bringing to mind the incredible comforting ability of a loving mother. If you have ever been a mother then you probably can relate to a "Rocking Chair" God blessed me with 4 beautiful babies. I spent countless nights and a good many days rocking my babies. With a mother's heart, I rocked them for hours singing songs like "Jesus loves me (you) this I know as I counted their fingers and toes. I prayed blessings over them and the life that lay before them. I dedicated each of my babies to the Lord from that rocking chair. So when I think back on my old rocking chair with that persistent squeak, I have a new appreciation as I realize it was the bridge that held me up between my precious babies and my Lord. Today, God would say to you...

"As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you"

No comments: