Friday, April 7, 2017

Search Me, O God

 
What's On My Heart Today... "Search Me, O God"

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him."
2 Chronicles 16:9

In the quiet of my alone time I am reminded that my thoughts are not solely my own. My creator, Almighty God, knows me well.“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." (Jeramiah 1:5). He knows exactly what I am thinking all the time. This makes me wonder what might He see in the deepest parts of my thoughts? Would my they be pleasing to Him? Would they be found lacking? Scriptures tells us that God searches hearts to test our thoughts. "You know my thought from afar." (Psalm 139:20). The Lord isn't looking to see if we are being deceitful or found lacking. No, He's looking for ways to reward us with blessings.“ I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” (Jeremiah 17:10). Today, with confidence I can say, "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!" (Psalm 139:23). God is searching hearts today. What will He find in yours? Today, God would say to you...

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:8