Friday, December 16, 2016

Mary's Magnificent God


“My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant." Luke 1:46

Mary's "Magnificat" recorded only in Luke's Gospel is awe inspiring. Her spiritual beauty comes through in the first part of her song where she responds from the heart to all God did for her, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior." How does a soul magnify God? Our mouth magnifies God by saying, "God is magnificent," by speaking his praises. But no one hears a soul. No one but you and God. It's a personal interaction between your heart and God's. When Mary referred to her soul magnifying God, she was applying everything about herself, from the core of her being, to the magnificent task of exalting God for who He is. I love these beautiful lyric's written by Bryon Cage, "For the Lord our God is great, perfect Lord, in all Your ways. God of mercy, Lord of
grace, Holy One, Ancient of days." When we glorify God in our life we will enjoy His presence throughout our life. Bless the Lord, oh my soul and all that's within me bless His name.



No comments: