Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Why Study God’s Word


What's On My Heart Today...  "Why Study God’s Word"

“Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105

How much time do you lay aside each day to read the Bible? It may seem an odd question to ask, but too often we neglect to feed our souls. “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)  I love the Bible! God left us the Word so that we would have His great wisdom to guide and comfort us. You see, if you want to live more in line with who God wants you to be, and you want to benefit from His many blessings, you need to regularly be in His word. Your motivation may go up and down, but keep the habit going because it's worth the effort. Today, God would say to you...

"If anyone loves me he will cherish my word"
John 14:23