Tuesday, August 9, 2016

What a Friend We Have in Jesus


                                                                                

"Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel." Proverbs 27:9

I think of God as my Father, my provider, my Savior, but I have to admit, I rarely think of Him as my friend. When I think of the relationship I have with my close friends, I think of someone I share my life, my joys, and sorrows with. Someone who holds me accountable. It is a blessed thing indeed to have a friend that is always at my side. It is an incredible concept that a God who created all the of the universe would create us as a friend. There is something intimate in the word "friend." God is seeking an intimate heart to heart relationship with you and me. He desires that we enter into the secret place of His presence where there is fullness of joy. When we think of God as our Friend, that relationship expresses the grandest form of love and devotion... What a friend we have in Jesus!

1 comment:

Kim McDougal said...

Thanks for this Sis...I had a hard time thinking of Jesus as my father because I never had one on earth and it was difficult to call Him that, so I can certainly understand what you mean by calling Him friend. He is our friend, our Father, and our Lord forever! HUGS!