Tuesday, January 10, 2017

No Regrets


"Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead." Philippians 3:13

I would imagine most all of us, if we are being truthful, would have to agree that we have experienced something in our past that we wished we could erase. Maybe a bad decision, a bad relationship, a bad purchase, a life changing mistake. My friends, we have all built the houses that we live in. Maybe it's a little messy but its nothing that can't be cleaned up. God ordained your life before you were born and He made you tough enough to withstand refining. "Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction." (Isaiah 48:10) Paul say's; "Every man (can be) perfect in Christ." (Colossians 1:28). He calls you and me to reach for that lofty goal. Don't fall short of His expectations. Everything, good, bad, and ugly, have brought you to the place that God created you to be. Never regret any mistake from your past because it actually humbled you and made you look to God for help. If you never made any mistakes, you would never have a need for God. If you live in regret, that's like saying, "No thank you Lord!" No regrets!

No comments: